We must apologize for being absent in recent weeks. Truth is, many of us here at SF Critic have several other ventures going that are starting to take off, and also steal us away from you. We’re still here, we just might not be able to post as frequently. I expect we’ll post now every other day, rather than daily. But we want to thank you for checking in for following us.
As a little token of our appreciation, we have some schwag to share. Oh yes. We have two copies of The Beach Boy’s Smile’s Sessions CD and a T-shirt, which we’ll be giving away to two fans. We’ll select two winners at random, with the first winner receiving both the T-shirt and CD. Both winners will be announced next Monday!
1.Sign up for our mailing list below (and confirm! we know)
Additionally, we must thanks the folks at Cornerstone and share with you some more promotional tidbits. The Smile’s Sessions are being released as a box set (which became available at the beginning of this month). Besides the set itself actually lighting up, oh my, here are some more details:
– 6 panel folder holding 5 CDs and singles. Features photos of original session tape boxes.
– 7″ vinyl singles
– “Heroes and Villians” in sleeve art
– “Vega-Tables” in sleeve art
– Gatefold 2 LPs
– Features full tracklisting of proposed unfinished album +
– Stereo mixes and session highlights (not available on CDs)
– 12″ x 12″ booklet created for original release features:
– Photos by Guy Webster
– Drawings by Frank Holmes
– 24″ x 36″ poster of Frank Holmes cover art
PS: You should watch Brian Wilson try and “sell” the box set, he’s just so enthusiastic.